Saturday, March 7, 2009

Rawson Homes

Our architect Tim sent us an e-mail this week recommending 2 builders. One of them was Rawson Homes, so me and DD (2.5) went out for a chat while Paul was at a bucks day!

The display Home at Forde is quite nice, nice design etc, so we had a wander and then spoke to one of the sales guys there. I had taken our plans and we had a really good chat about the plans and their inclusions etc.

There were 4 things that impressed me about them:

1. At the moment they are running a deal where you receive free Daikin reverse cycle air-con ducted worth about $15K, for free.

2. They don't charge extra to do a colorbond roof over tiles (a potential saving of at least $5K)

3. The service was fantastic and the guys was really down to earth and answered all my questions with DD running around and needing to use their toilet half-way through!

4. He made a copy of my plans and said he would have them in front of the estimator on Monday week (estimator is on leave next week), and will get back to me ASAP, so if we want to take advantage of the free Daikin deal we can (this ends 31 March).



So all in all it was a positive afternoon. I have confidence in any recommendations that Tim gives us, so now waiting to see what the quote will come back as...

3 comments:

  1. I think you will be happy with Rawson. They have built few homes here in Yass and the owners seem happy. One of the houses started when we started and they are almost ready for dry wall.So they have been moving quickley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, we are definitely leaning towards them, can't fault as yet...one of my friends did build with them in Murrumbatemen and they were in their house early!!

    ReplyDelete